Glimpses of grace over the last several days:
– My five month old granddaughter, Hannah, beaming when I call her name and move toward her;
– Holding a weeping man in my arms after conducting the funeral for his partner who had commited suicide;
– The kindness of the heavily tatoed young man who took my order for lunch today;
– The celloist who was engaged with her whole being – body and soul – as she played her parts in the orchestra accompanying our great choir in Vivaldi’s Gloria this past Sunday;
– My wife, Julie, baking Christmas gifts for co-workers and friends from her wheel chair as she recovers from foot surgery;
– A Sunday School Class Christmas party with an incredibly diverse group of 60 folks having a wonderful time together.
There is indeed grace around us.